I know an hour seems like a long time to pray.
There are many patterns you could use to format your extended prayer time but here’s away to structure an hour in prayer with 12 Bible-based sections. Spend about 5 minutes on each focus point and you will spend an hour in prayer before you know it.
- Praise God for His Traits — The Psalms are an excellent source for mining a list of the Lord’s attributes.
- Waiting in God’s Presence as He Loves You — Silently invite Jesus to help you experience his love for you.
- Confession — Ask the Holy Spirit to search your life for some attitude or action he wants to change.
- Read the Bible — Read a passage aloud. The Bible’s message is meant to be heard.
- Pray the Bible — Reword the verses you just read to make them a prayer.
- Pray for Others — Jesus in interceding for us in heaven. Join him in this holy work.
- Pray for Your Needs — Present your requests to your loving Heavenly Father.
- Thank God — Recount all his blessings and answers to prayer.
- Sing to God — Sing your favorite hymn or worship song. Create a new song from your heart.
- Think About The Bible — Mull over a verse that stood out in your reading. Consider how it applies to your life.
- Listen for God’s Quiet Voice — Simply invite the Spirit to speak and listen.
- Praise God Again — Worship him for who he is.
Have you spent an hour in prayer? What pattern did you follow?